The Dogecoin Foundation wants to use the Starlink satellite network for offline transactions with DOGE. However, there is still a long way to go until then.
- Timothy Stebbing and Michi Lumin, developers at the Dogecoin Foundation, have written a paper outlining the use of Elon Musk’s Starlink for offline transactions with DOGE.
- According to the paper, key technologies include the RadioDoge communications network and the GigaWallet, a programming interface for processing and validating Dogecoin transactions.
- “While the GigaWallet project focuses on providing a freely available drop-in solution for Internet-based trading and tipping through standardized, non-custodial wallet integration with the Dogecoin network, RadioDoge focuses on leveraging cheap and reliable wireless technology (HF/LoRaWAN) in combination with the Starlink global satellite network to provide low-cost, broad-based access to Dogecoin for people outside the reach of traditional Internet infrastructures,” the developers said.
- As a result, they said, “Dogecoin could become the standard means of exchanging goods and services worldwide.”
- However, they said there is “still a long way to go” before finalization.
Picture by Pixabay